Break out of your dating rut!
Whether your starting to date again or have been married for 40 years, everyone could use a little advice on how to improve their weekly Date Night. A Date Night is a chance for you and your partner to break up the status quo in your relationship. Date Nights don’t have to drain the bank account, but they are a fabulous opportunity to make some new memories.
15 - At Home Date Ideas
1. Have a picnic (either outside or inside).
2. Turn your dining room into a dining destination.
3. Watch a wholesome movie on Netflix. They’ve got great documentaries.
4. Read a book together (or a book series).
5. Play dodge ball in the living room (seriously!).
6. Light candles around the room and sip wine.
7. Get into an intense javelin fight on the Wii. Talk about getting your heart rate up!
8. Spa night.
9. Sit around a bonfire outside with hot chocolate.
10. Lay under the stars and talk.
11. Start a game tournament. One year, we had Yahtzee wars. We kept a running tally of wins, and had a play-off on New Year’s Eve. Right now, we’re playing lots of Sequence and Ratuki!
12. Watch a TV series together.
13. Turn your outdoor patio into a dining destination (complete with table cloth and candles).
14. Make homemade ice cream together.
15. Play a little one-on-one in the driveway (basketball).
12 - On-The-Town Date Ideas
1. Take a bike ride together.
2. Walk through a local botanical garden while holding hands.”
3. Swing on the swings at the park.
4. Go on the same date you had the night your man asked you to marry.
5. Hit balls at the driving range.
6. Go to a drive-in movie.
7. Take a hike. Really. Take a hike and take turns taking pictures of what you see.
8. Go to dinner at your favorite restaurant, then play cards at the park.
9. Pick berries at a local berry farm.
10. Take an art class together.
11. Go canoeing together.
12. Order gargantuan size ice creams and eat it all.